Saturday, January 12, 2013

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Quick post as I wanted to get my NFL Divisional Playoff Picks before the games start. I meant to post a blog earlier this week and things just got crazy.

First congrats to Alabama. It was hardly even a game. In fact it was so boring Brent Musburger was forced to do nothing but rant about how beautiful AJ McCarron's girlfriend was. It got so awkward that it's been perhaps the most talked about event from the game this week. You know Katherine Webb was Miss Alabama. Think Brent could have left it at that.

I was 3-1 in my playoff picks last week. I knew Cincinnati was a bit of a stretch but I just hadn't liked how Houston had played recently. The Bengals have talent but they are just not quite there yet. If they can make some good off season moves it might be another story next season.

Houston vs New England.

Have to go with the Pats here. I don't even think this is a close game. Pats smoked them earlier this season and they are going to have Gronk back.

Denver vs Baltimore

Even though I picked Baltimore to go to the Superbowl at the beginning of the season, I'm going against that pick here. I think the Broncos win this game. It won't be a blowout, but I do think the Broncos win this relatively easily.

Green Bay vs San Francisco

This one is tough. I picked the 49ers to go to the Superbowl and they definitely have the potential to go there. Green Bay has looked hot lately and they're finally heathy. However, they are playing in San Francisco and the Niners beat them handily in Lambeau earlier this season. AP put up yards last week and I expect Gore to do the same this week. I'm taking San Fracisco here.

Atlanta vs Seattle

Seattle has certainly impressed, but I think Atlanta has the advantage. They are at home, and they have to be hungry for this playoff win after missing so often. I think this is a close one, but I think Matt Ryan will find a way to win this game.

All right, time to watch the games. More in depth post later, I promise.

Oh and hockey. Welcome back.

No comments:

Post a Comment