Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Apparently keeping up a blog is harder than I thought. If football season was in gear I'd be posting at least once a week. I love baseball, but it's a long season and it hard for me since my team is in St. Louis and I'm in LA, so I hear a lot more about the Dodgers and Angels.

The Mavs on the NBA championship. Well deserved. Dirk is a beast. What an amazing player to watch. I would have liked to see the Lakers do a 3-peat, but they just were not on it this year. The Mavs played hard and in the end LeBron just could not lead Miami to the win. Which makes me happy, as I'm not a huge fan of LeBron. Is he talented? Most definitely. But as a person? Don't really care for him.

Speaking of the NBA, what in the world is up with my bro Ron Artest changing his name? Ron explains the name change here, but still. Metta World Peace? Ochocinco I can understand, even if it is incorrect Spanish (ocho = 8 cinco = 5. 85 = ochenta y cinco). I just...well, good luck getting people to call you that Ron.

The NHL finals came down to a grueling battle between Vancouver and Boston and in the end, the Boston Bruins pulled off the win. So what did fans in Vancouver do? Riot. The Bulls won the NBA championship in 1992 and which resulted in riots in the city. They WON. Vancouver LOSES and riots ensue. Really Vancouver? So not classy. Makes you wonder what would have happened had they won. Yikes.

Baseball, baseball. Pujols got injured, came back and the Cardinals still have no bullpen. Yet they are tied for 1st at the All Star Break. Though right now the NL Central is pretty much up for grabs among the Cards, Brewers, Reds and...the Pirates? Wow. First time in a long time I can recall them being in the running. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out. The Cardinals organization is going to have to do something on the pitching issue, because even though they are hanging in there in the NL Central, there's no way they'll get further than a division title without some help.

Speaking of the All Star Game, for the second year in a row the NL won. I'll admit, I only watched bits and pieces of the game (although to my credit, the game started at 5pm my time. I didn't even get home until 6:30). I'm glad to see the NL dominating after so many years of the AL winning. I still hate that the All Star Game determines home field advantage. I understand why Selig did it, I just don't agree with it. Home field should go to the team with the best record, just like the NFL.

Oh yes, the NFL. Talks have resumed and today the top players said "we want a deal." Please football gods, let's end this. Players should be reporting to camp any moment now. We're a month away from preseason. Just settle it before things get even uglier than they already are.

Okay, promise to post more and resurrect this blog. More of my thoughts on the world of sports soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment