Friday, March 4, 2011

Plaxico...

It's March, and I haven't updated in a bit. It's not due to not following sports, it's just that things have been really busy and I haven't had much time to write down my thoughts.

Apparently, Plaxico Burress will be released from prison on June 6th. I have heard lots of talk about the Rams potentially signing him to help fill their wide receiver void. My response to this is, "are we really that desperate?"

No offense to Plaxico, well wait, yeah, it is. The guy is in prison because he was carrying a gun without a holster in public and it accidentally shot off. Fortunately no one was hurt, except for poor Plaxico who shot himself in the leg/foot. In more ways than one, haha.

I'm sure he's had a chance to keep in shape, Michael Vick certainly came out of prison in prime football playing condition.

But I don't know if I want that kind of drama in Rams park. The NFL is full of divas, Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson and T.O. come to mind. I would hope that if Plaxico returns to the NFL he can remain focused on the game and certainly won't be wandering around with guns in his pocket.

I guess he's worth a look, though I hope the Rams can do without. Draft a good wideout early on and start building for the future.

In Cardinals news, the loss of Wainwright hurts but spring training continues and the Cardinals seem to look okay so far. We shall see how things proceed. Only a month away from opening day! Cannot wait for the regular season to start.

Have more thoughts on everything sports in my world but will have to follow up on those later.


No comments:

Post a Comment